Nonsurgical Brow Lift
Advanced Eyebrow Treatment Options in the San Diego Area
Dr. Melanie Palm is a nationally recognized dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon specializing in nonsurgical rejuvenation of the eye and brow region. Her offices are located in Solana Beach, CA just north of San Diego. Dr. Palm lectures nationally at the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Society, the American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery as an invited speaker on rejuvenation around the eye and brow. She offers many effective injectable filler and laser treatment options.
How the Eyebrow Changes with Time
Contrary to popular belief, the eyebrow does not truly sag or change position as we age. Rather, it stays relatively fixed in position through our life. However, muscle and soft tissue changes around the eyebrow causes changes the can alter the shape or position of the brow.
As we lose fat and soft tissue in the upper forehead, brow, upper eyelid, and eye region, our muscles around the eyes and forehead try to pick up the slack and work over time. This causes tell-tale forehead lines, slight drooping of the brows, and deflation and redundant skin of the upper eyelid skin.
However, there are innovative techniques using injectable products and skin tightening devices that can improve aging changes to the eyebrow.
Treatment Options for the Eyebrow
- Botox: Injectable botulinum toxin such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin can be artistically placed at the tail of the eyebrow and in between the brows to lift its position, opening the eye and lifting the brow.
- Skin Tightening: this procedure improves crepey skin in the upper eyelid and helps to subtlety lift the upper eyelid skin.
- Ultherapy: this ultrasound-based device is used around the eyes to tighten, lift, and improve texture of the skin. It is FDA-approved for lifting the eyebrow region approximately 1-2 mm according to clinical trials.
- Protégé Elite: this no-downtime, no pain procedure is a radiofrequency device that over a series of treatments tightens the skin around the eye, sometimes providing a subtle lift to the eyebrow.
- Injectable fillers: using a blunt-tipped cannula technique, the upper eyelid and eyebrow fat loss can be restored with minimal risks and downtime.
- Restylane and Restylane Refyne: these hyaluronic acid fillers restore volume appropriately do not attract excess water and swelling to the eye region like other fillers.
- Fat: One’s own fat can be grafted through autologous fat transfer to rejuvenate the entire eye region and to improve the upper eyelid.
A combination approach is sometimes ideal to improve changes over time to the eyebrow. Non-invasive and minimally invasive techniques are used at Art of Skin MD to achieve the aesthetic goals of our patients in regards to rejuvenation of the brow region
If you are in the San Diego area and are looking for a nonsurgical brow lift, call Dr. Melanie Palm at 858.792.SKIN (7546) to schedule your appointment.